Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Town Seal
Online Resources
  • Calendars
  • Minutes
  • Forms
  • Opportunities
  • Ordinances
  • Stormwater Management
  • For Seniors
  • Subscribe to E-Alerts
  • Send Us Comments

Veterans' Credit Information & Application
All persons desiring to apply for any credit must fill out a permanent application form (State Form PA29) and the Veteran credit worksheet .

The PA33 is needed for all properties owned by a trust or properties with life estate interests.  

New applications must be submitted to the Assessor's Office no later than the close of business day on April 15th of the tax year in the year in which application is made.   Further information may be obtained from the Assessing Department, 14 Manning Street, 432-6104 and/or the reverse side of your tax bill.

1) The veteran must be a resident of the State of New Hampshire for at least one (1) year previous to April 1st of the year in which the credit is applied for,

2) Has to have served not less than ninety (90) days in the Armed Forces of the United States in a war or conflict as outlined in RSA 72:28;

3) Must have been honorably discharged.

4.) For services in any armed conflict between February 8, 1975 through August 1, 1990 proof of a qualifying Award must be submitted. Click here for more information.

A credit in the amount of $500.00 is applied to the amount of tax due. This applies also to widows (who have not remarried) of veterans. A copy of the DD214 or discharge paper is required when applying.

    Photo of Hampstead, New Hampshire
Town of Hampstead  11 Main Street, Hampstead, NH 03841    PH: (603) 329-4100    Website Disclaimer & Privacy Statement
Virtual Towns & Schools Website