Last Updated: 2016/7/11
Use of the Old Meeting House is based on the following:
1. Meetings will be limited to adults only unless the Historic District Commission grants permission in advance.
2. Parties and other social functions are limited to adults and families. In order to minimize the wear and tear on the building, children’s parties are prohibited.
3. To ensure the protection of the original floor, no dancing is allowed in the building.
4. Smoking or use of open fires anywhere in the building is strictly prohibited.
5. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed within the premises, excepting wine for toasts at wedding receptions or other appropriate occasions. Such exception must be specifically approved by the Hampstead Historic District Commission and included in this agreement.
6. No animals are allowed within the premises.
7. Use of the building is limited to the ground floor only.
8. In order to preserve the historic interior of the building, decorations are not to be fastened to any part of the walls, floors, or ceilings by tape, nails, tacks, staples or any other device that could leave a mark of any kind.
9. Only salad, sandwiches or other “finger foods” may be served along with appropriate (non-alcoholic) beverages. The Commission may allow casseroles or other hot dishes on warmers on exceptional occasions with specific approval.
10. Upon completion of the meeting or function, the building must be returned to its prior condition, with the chairs replaced and the room and kitchen cleaned. All tableware, serving dishes, table covers, napkins, coffee pots and other items to be used for the function must be provided by the user and removed from the premises within the time specified above. The user must also provide trash bags for this purpose. Trash or garbage of any kind may not be left in or near the building.
11. When leaving, the user must insure that all electrical appliances and fixtures, including the stove, are turned off, the heat turned down to 50 degrees and the building securely locked.
12. The cost for using the building for any commercial venture, including flea markets, crafts fairs, etc. is $250.00 per day, to be paid in advance of the function.
13. For any other function, a donation to the Historic District Commission of $100.00 per day is requested.
Download the attached agreement at the top of this page.