Weekly Curbside Limits:~
In April 2012 the Board of Selectman approved the following trash limits per household:
- 60 gallons trash [two 30-gallon barrels or four 15-gallon trash bags] for Single-family Residence/Condominium Home/Mobile or Manufactured Home on Common
- 90 gallons [three 30-gallon barrels or six 15-gallon trash bags] of trash for a single-family residence with approved apartment and 2-unit apartments
- 120 gallons [four 30-gallon barrels or eight 15-gallon trash bags] of trash for duplex homes.
Beginning December 31, 2018, residents will use the new 65-gallon carts which comply with the trash limits set in 2012:
- Single-family Residence/Condominium Home/Mobile or Manufactured Home on Common Property:
One 65-gallon cart for trash
- Single-family Residence with Approved Apartment/2-Unit Apartment/Duplex Home
Two 65-gallon carts for trash
The town allows for unlimited recycling, but starting December 31, 2018, all recyclables must fit with cart lid closed in the town-issued 65-gallon blue recycling cart. Residents have the option of purchasing a second recycling cart directly from Pinard’s website for a one-time fee of $75. Recycling carts are owned by the town, but additional recycling carts purchased are owned by the resident.