The Town of Hampstead Building department strives to provide exceptional service to our residents and customers. The Building Code and our Department require that a certain process be followed in order to obtain a Building Permit and make the process smoother and less time consuming. Below are a few pointers to help facilitate the process:
- Plan ahead accordingly. Building projects require thought and prior planning to produce a successful code compliant project.
- Submit a completed Building Permit Application to our office at 11 Main Street, Hampstead, NH.
- Provide scaled detailed plans of your proposed project.
- Provide a site plan showing the size and location of the new construction and existing structures on the site and distances from lot lines. (for exterior work only)
- If the proposed work involves a commercial site, prior Planning Board approval may be required. Commercial projects also require the plans to be stamped by a State of NH licensed professional engineer.
- Electricians, Plumbers, and Gas fitters are required to show the permit clerk their respective licenses and also a driver’s license or government issued id.
Incomplete applications and plans may substantially delay the approval and issuance of a permit.