The Town of Hampstead Building department strives to provide exceptional service to our residents and customers. The Building Code and our Department require that a certain process be followed in order to obtain a Building Permit and make the process smoother and less time consuming. Below are a few pointers to help facilitate the process:
1. Plan ahead accordingly. Building projects require thought and prior planning to produce a successful code compliant project.
2. Submit a completed Building Permit Application to our office at 11 Main Street, Hampstead, NH.
3. Provide scaled detailed plans of your proposed project.
4. Provide a site plan showing the size and location of the new construction and existing structures on the site and distances from lot lines. (for exterior work only)
5. If the proposed work involves a commercial site, prior Planning Board approval may be required. Commercial projects also require the plans to be stamped by a State of NH licensed professional engineer.
6. Electricians, Plumbers, and Gas fitters are required to show the permit clerk their respective licenses and also a driver’s license or government issued id.
7. Incomplete applications and plans may substantially delay the approval and issuance of a permit.