CLICK HERE TO RENEW YOUR DOG LICENSE ONLINE - Additional fees apply
Which dogs need to be licensed?
All dogs living in the Town of Hampstead and East Hampstead, including puppies who have received their first rabies shot (usually 12 – 16 weeks old).
Where and how do I license my dog?
Dog licenses are issued by the Town Clerk’s office located at 11 Main Street during our regular business hours. Bring the dog’s current rabies certificate and spay/neuter certificate if applicable.
When do I license my dog?
A new adult dog should be licensed immediately, and a puppy can be licensed as soon as the puppy receives its first rabies shot. Dog licenses must be renewed annually by April 30th.
What is the annual fee to license my dog?
- For a puppy (3 – 7 months old) $7.50
- For an adult unaltered dog $10.00
- For a spayed/neutered adult dog $7.50
- Senior Citizen Rate $3.00 (discount applies to first dog only)
- Group License (5 or more dogs) $20.00
What happens if I don’t license my dog?
In addition to the regular licensing fee listed above the following will be added:
- You will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per month for each month (or partial month) the dog remains unlicensed, commencing June 1st.
- You will be subject to a forfeiture fee of $30.00 due within 15 days after receiving notice of forfeiture. If the forfeiture is not paid, the case will be disposed of in Rockingham District Court.
To avoid receiving a notice of forfeiture, if you no longer have the dog or have moved out of Hampstead, please notify the Town Clerk’s office at 603-329-4100 x110.