The applicant requesting copies of Vital Records must have a “direct and tangible interest” in the requested record. The registrant, a member of immediate family, i.e., Mother, Father, Child, Sibling, Step-parent, Grandparents, Foster Parents, Aunt, Uncle, his guardian or their respective legal representative shall be considered to have a “direct and tangible interest” in the record.
Copies available at the Hampstead Town Clerk’s office are:
- New Hampshire Births occurring 1987 – present. All other birth records are mainlined in the town or city where the birth occurred.
- New Hampshire Deaths occurring 1990 – present. All other death records are maintained in the town or city where the death occurred.
- New Hampshire Marriages occurring 1989 – present. All other marriage records are maintained in the town or city where the application for license was completed
- New Hampshire Divorces occurring 1990 – within 6 months. All other divorce records are maintained in the Court where the divorce decree was issued.
Click here to Request Cerified Copies by Mail. All requests will be processed on the day of receipt.
To Request Certified Copies in Person:
- Be prepared to confirm your identity with picture identification
- Copies can be obtained during our regular business hours
- The charge for making a search is $15.00, this includes payment for the issuance of a certified copy
- Additional copies ordered at the same time for the same record are $10.00 each
Obtain further information by calling the Town Clerk’s office at 603-329-4100 x110 or the New Hampshire Bureau of Vital Records at 603-271-4650.