In April 2012 the Board of Selectman approved the following trash limits per household:
- 60 gallons trash [two 30-gallon barrels or four 15-gallon trash bags] for Single-family Residence/Condominium Home/Mobile or Manufactured Home on Common
- 90 gallons [three 30-gallon barrels or six 15-gallon trash bags] of trash for a single-family residence with approved apartment and 2-unit apartments
- 120 gallons [four 30-gallon barrels or eight 15-gallon trash bags] of trash for duplex homes.
Beginning December 31, 2018, residents will use the new 65-gallon carts which comply with the trash limits set in 2012:
- Single-family Residence/Condominium Home/Mobile or Manufactured Home on Common Property: One 65-gallon cart for trash
- Single-family Residence with Approved Apartment/2-Unit Apartment/Duplex Home: Two 65-gallon carts for trash
- Residents have the option of purchasing a second trash cart directly from Pinard's website for an annual fee.
The town allows for unlimited recycling, but starting December 31, 2018, all recyclables must fit with cart lid closed in the town-issued 65-gallon blue recycling cart. Residents have the option of purchasing a second recycling cart directly from Pinard’s website for a one-time fee of $75. Recycling carts are owned by the town, but additional recycling carts purchased are owned by the resident. Click here for more information.